We are seeking an experienced (4+ years) Engagement Specialist, who is passionate about building relationships with top B2B media and influencers, to join our high-performing team!
WHO YOU ARE
- Driven to build strategic relationships with media and industry experts in a way that inspires action
- Experience working with trade publications (elite media is a plus)
- Loves digging in at every step of the process from monitoring hot topics to developing a target media or influencer list to uncovering new opportunities for clients to pitching media placements
- Comes to the table with an open mind and seeks to understand, learn and evolve
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Research & Media Monitoring: Whether it’s identifying target media and influencers or keeping a pulse on target industries, this person has a keen ability to match clients to the right contacts. Research may include but is not limited to:
- Editorial Calendars
- Media Lists
- Target Journalists
- Influencer Lists
- Awards & Speaking Opportunities
- Ongoing Media Monitoring
Media and Influencer Relations: You will be responsible for pitching and securing placements in trade publications and elite media in the form of media interviews and bylined articles. Additionally, you are responsible for reaching out to and securing influencers/industry experts to co-create content with our clients.
Relationship Development & Nurturing: In order to be successful in this role, this person will need to successfully develop and nurture relationships with target journalists, media and industry influencers. Additionally, the person in this role will be responsible for negotiating paid influencer agreements, where applicable, to support client programs.
Social Media Engagement: Social media is one of the top channels for connecting with and engaging target contacts. The person in this role will be responsible for curating journalist or influencer content for sharing on client social channels. You will also likely draft social content.
Quality Control: Responsible for upholding the quality of your own work and lending a hand to provide feedback and direction for other team members.
Measurement: You’ll be asked to utilize tools like Traackr (Influencer Identification), Cision (Earned Media) and Google Analytics to track, measure and optimize your work.
Program Collaboration: Partner with other internal cross-functional teams (program strategist, account team and storytelling team) to ensure that our client programs are aligned to deliver on client objectives and exceed goals
Cultural dedication: Bring genuine passion to the work, a positive demeanor and energy to the team. Support Inprela’s core values of accountability, transparency, excellence and thoughtfulness. Contribute to a collaborative and fun team environment.
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Agency experience a bonus
- Passion for earned media; experience working with manufacturing, technology and healthcare companies preferred.
- Team player who is willing to wear multiple hats in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-starter who can deliver stellar client experience and execute on a plan with minimal input from senior practitioners.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Keen ability to problem solve.
- Highly accountable with keen attention to detail, excellent time-management skills and experience managing client budgets.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PPT, Word, Excel)
WHO WE ARE
Inprela Communications offers B2B storytelling and content strategy services, driving a fresh approach to public relations.
- We love the craft. We’re so passionate and invested in the work that it’s palpable. We get an adrenaline rush from generating outcomes.
- We are an employee-first culture. We believe that happy employees make happy clients.
- We believe it’s possible to be considered the “best” partner and still have time to pursue our passions outside the office.
- We believe in focus vs. trying to be all things to all people.
We are seeking an experienced Engagement Specialist, who is passionate about bringing B2B stories to life, to join our high performing team!
Position offers competitive salary and generous benefits for full-time employees, including health insurance, 401(k) match, parental leave and flexibility perks. Inprela firmly believes in making investments in employees’ personal and professional development.
Inprela is a fun and fast-paced environment that offers excellent work-life balance. We’re selective about the type of work we take on, making sure it’s the right fit for both client and agency. It’s important to us that the work our team does is both personally and professionally satisfying because we know our clients will benefit from happy employees.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.